Homeguru App Privacy & Tutor’s Consent Policy
Collection of Your Information
Mobile Device Access
Mobile Device Data
Use of Your Information
- 1. Assist law enforcement and respond to requests made by them.
- 2.Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- 3. Create and manage your account.
- 4. Email you regarding your account.
- 5. Enable user-to-user communications.
- 6. Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Application more personalized.
- 7. Increase the efficiency and operation of the Application.
- 8. Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Application.
- 9. Notify you of updates to the Application.
- 10. Perform other business activities as needed.
- 11. Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- 12. Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Application.
- 13. Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- 14. Respond to product and customer service requests.
- 15. Solicit support for the Application.
Disclosure of Information
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
If you interact with other users of the Application, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Applications, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Application in perpetuity
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Application. These companies may use information about your visits to the Application and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
The Application may display a third-party-hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in the Application and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will leave the Application. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account.
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
The Application may contain links to third-party websites and applications of interest, including advertisements and external services, that are not affiliated with us. Once you have used these links to leave the Application, any information you provide to these third parties is not covered by this Tutor’s Policy, and we cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of your information. Before visiting and providing any information to any third-party websites, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies and practices (if any) of the third party responsible for that website, and should take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect the privacy of your information. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other sites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Application.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HOMEGURU, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, LOSSES OR EXPENSES OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF USER CONTENT OR ANY OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE AT HOMEGURU, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR HOMEGURU PLATFORMS, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE HOMEGURU PLATFORM, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR HOMEGURU PLATFORMS BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY USER CONTENT OR ANY OTHER CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE HOMEGURU PLATFORM, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT HOMEGURU IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE UNDERSTAND THAT, IN SOME JURISDICTIONS, WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY THAT CANNOT BE LEGALLY EXCLUDED, IF THAT IS TRUE IN YOUR JURISDICTION, THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HOMEGURU LIMITS ITS LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THOSE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS TO EITHER SUPPLYING YOU THE HOMEGURU PLATFORMS AGAIN. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HOMEGURU SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. THE HOMEGURU PLATFORM IS CONTROLLED AND OFFERED BY HOMEGURU FROM ITS FACILITIES IN INDIA. HOMEGURU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE HOMEGURU PLATFORM IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE HOMEGURU PLATFORM FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Homeguru, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Homeguru Platform; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; (iv) any claim that your User Content caused damage to a third party; or (v) violation of any applicable laws. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Homeguru Platform.
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
By using the Application, you are consenting to our processing of your information as set forth in this Tutor’s Policy now and as amended by us.
General Terms & Conditions For Consenting Tutors
- 1. The Tutor concerned shall be given access of all online/offline tutorials and learning services i.e. at Homeguru app as well as the offline session.
- 2. The Tutor concerned shall be given access to file storage and sharing services through Cloud Services.
- 3. Tutors shall be expected to always encourage the Students to maintain strict discipline and decorum during the online and offline sessions. Tutors shall facilitate the learning process and interact in a co-operative manner with the Students.
- 4. The Tutor shall start and end the session at the allotted fixed time. As per the applicable terms and condition of the Agreement between Tutor, Learner and Home Guru.
- 5. We at Home guru shall not be legally liable for any incident that occurs during any online and offline sessions, the same shall be a responsibility of the Student and the Tutor, solely.
- 6. The Tutor shall treat every Minor with empathy and respect, regardless of his/her race, colour, gender, sexuality, language, religion, religious belief, heritage, political/other opinion, national/ethnic/social origin or property/disability/birth/other status; listen to them and respect their views.
- 7. Good communication is the vehicle for learning and essential for further development of Minor. Using any form of language or behaviour towards Minor that is inappropriate, demotivating, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative, demeaning, intimidating, offensive, discriminatory or culturally insensitive shall not be tolerated; further, any communication or behaviour while interacting with Minor shall not, in any manner whatsoever, induce or support physical or sexual relationships with Minor or portray use of or encourage the use of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes or other intoxicating or restricted substances. The Company understands that there may be instances when there are exchange of ideas and opinions which is essential in the learning process, while it is agreed that individuals have the right to voice their opinions, the Company has zero tolerance towards any form of communication or behaviour stated hereinabove.
- 8. Furthermore, you confirm that the User Content uploaded by you is not:
a. False, inaccurate or misleading;
b. Infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
c. Violate any law, statue, ordinance or regulation;
d. defamatory, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
e. obscene or contain pornography.
f. Contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- 9. You understand and confirm that you shall not during your use of the Homeguru Platforms at any time post or publish any content, comments or act in any way which will amount to harassment of any other User, whether a student or a tutor. If at any given point it comes to the notice of Homeguru that you are engaged in any kind of harassment of other Users, then in such a case you agree that Homeguru shall have the sole right to suspend/terminate your account with immediate effect and without any notice of such suspension or termination and we also reserve the right in our sole discretion to initiate any legal proceedings against you in such cases
- 10. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing such User Content on the Homeguru Platform. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish the User Content that you submit; and you grant limited license to Homeguru to all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such User Content for publication on the Homeguru Platform pursuant to these Terms and Conditions for the duration the said User Content is available on Homeguru Platform.
- 11. Homeguru shall be charging a 10% flat rate (“commission”) on the overall fees received by the Tutor on hourly basis. Homeguru shall revise the commission rate at any point in time as it deems fit and shall duly inform the Tutor on such change.